LED stands for Light Emitting Diode, it is an electronic device which emits light when DC voltage is applied. LED lights are the lights for the future; they are swiftly replacing the conventional / traditional lighting solutions of the form of Incandescent, CCFL, Fluorescent & halogen lighting. The worldwide shift towards energy efficient technologies have let into technological advances in the LED lighting space which has further resulted into low energy consumption, very low conversion into heat, unity power factor, highest lumen-watt ration, bright-white light and very low lifetime cost.
The Advantages of LED Lights/Lamps:-
- Significant reduction in energy consumption compared to CFLs and incandescent lamps (40-50% over CFLs and 70% over Incandescent). Most efficient lighting solution
- Very Low maintenance costs and least operation costs too
- No hazardous materials used, Like No Mercury as in CFLs
- Long life: 50,000 to 100,000 hrs
- Very Low Carbon footprint, lessens CO2 emissions by 90%
- Focus light & colour emitting lights, provision for designer lights, special purpose lights, spot lights, etc, this provision is only possible with LED lights
- Uses flicker free light, good for eyes and prevents headache for the users
- No UV rays/Infrared radiation
- Various colour temperature possible, white, warm white, cool etc
- High Color Rendering Index
- Very fast response time as compared to other means of lighting.